This week we will be using Filo pastry. It was a very long filo pastry.
Before the task:
As usual, we prepared all the ingredients for making the product.
Red and green capsicum
Curry paste (Curry powder, chili powder, and turmeric powder)
During the task:
1. Fillet the catfish and wash the fillets with lemon juice. After few minutes, wash again and marinade the fillet with turmeric powder and salt. Set aside.
2. Heat cooking oil (enough for deep frying) in a pot and fry the fillets until they are cooked. Set aside to let them cool.
3. Remove the bones from the fillets and mash them into chunks.
4. In a saucepan, saute the onions until they are a soften. Put the curry paste and cook them until the paste are a bit dry.
5. Put a little bit of water (or as needed) and let them reduce.
6. Put all the other ingredients (except filo pastry) and mix them well. Season with salt.
1. Put 3 to 4 layers of filo pastry and fill them with the catfish filling.
*each layered are brushed with egg wash*
2. Put another 3 to 4 layers of filo pastry and brush the top with egg wash.
This is how they look like before bake.
This is after they are baked.
After the task:
Cut the filo pastry and assemble them on a plate.
1. Be extra careful when handling with filo pastry because they are so soft and delicate. A slightest mistake can torn your filo pastry.
2. Make sure when mashing the fillets, remove ALL the bones because there are a few bones left in our fillet when we eat it.
To conclude everything, using filo pastry is much better when using other pastry. They taste very good and they turn out to be very crispy too. So, filo pastry in our 1st choice but we haven't decide yet on what kind of pastry we will use for the final product.
See you guys next time!