Once again our group will retry our Catfish Filo Pastry. Nothing much to change just the layers of filo pastry we will use gonna change a bit. Here it goes...
Before the task:
Prepare the ingredients:
The ingredients are:
Red and green capsicum
Chili boh (paste)
*Combine turmeric powder, and curry powder with enough water to make curry paste (save some of the turmeric powder for marinating)
During the task:
1. Clean the catfish, and fillet the catfish.
2. Marinade the fillets with turmeric powder, salt, and a little bit of flour. In a saucepan, heat enough oil for deep frying and deep fry until the fillets are cooked and cripy.
3. Break the fillets apart into chunks and remove the bones.
4. Using the same saucepan, remove the oil (leave enough for cooking curry) and re-heat the cooking oil and sweat the garlic and onion until they are soft.
5. After the onion and garlic are soft, put curry paste and keep stirring to prevent the curry to burn.
6. Put a little bit of water and let the curry reduce itself. After the curry has reduced, put the capsicums, catfish, and coconut milk.
7. Lastly, put the potatoes.
8. To assemble: on a clean surface, lay the filo pastry. For each layer we use 3 sheets of filo pastry.
9. Each layer of the filo pastry are brush with melted butter.
10. Put the curry filling right at the bottom of the filo pastry. Leaving about 2 inch from right, left, and bottom side.
11. Fold the filo pastry way up until the end. Each rolled are brush with melted butter.
12. After the filo have been rolled. Fold the right and left side down to the filo pastry. Brush the top with egg wash.
13. Bake at 170 - 180 C for 45 minutes or until the filo are golden brown.
After the task:
We evaluate both product. the left one we brush each layer with melted butter (excess) and the right side just a little bit. The right side seems to be dry and the left side are oily.
We recommend for each layer, use only 2 sheets of filo pastry. If you use more it will be too thick and it will takes time to cook. Do not use to much melted butter for each layer or it will be oily or too oily.
We can conclude that using filo pastry is the best way to produce our product. The texture and the taste are much better when using other ingredients (spring rolls, wanton, skin, and puff pastry). So we decide to use filo pastry as our Final Product. Just a little bit of changing here and there then it will be perfect.